- Take on your everyday work at an affordable price with the HP 280 MT. Get the computing power you need while minimizing the total cost of ownership—now that’s a smart investment.
- The HP 290 MT provides a powerful PC with the features you need to accomplish your everyday tasks.
- Take up less space with the HP 290 MT that is 27% smaller than the previous generation with a stylish design that is easy to set up and use.
- Keep up with daily tasks with strong performance from a 7th Gen Intel® Core™ i3/i5/i7 processor3, DDR4 memory and PCIe x1 and PCIe x16 slots for future growth.
- Help protect your investment and your data with firmware TPM and a security lock slot.
Let nothing stand in your way
- Help secure the future of your business. PCs from HP make the most of Windows 10 Pro1 to protect you from today’s security threats and maximize management and productivity features for business.
- Make connections to peripherals with eight USB ports on the HP 290 MT with two front USB 3.0 ports, two rear USB 3.0, and four rear USB 2.0 ports. Support two independent displays with VGA and HDMI connectivity.
PC management made more manageable
- Spend less time and get right to the updates you need with HP Support Assistant.
Clean software image
- With the clean, professional software image on the HP 290 MT, you will be productive in no time!
Simple wireless printing
- Make better use of your workspace. HP ePrint makes wireless printing simple, no need for drivers.5
- HP WorkWise9 is office intelligence rolled into one smartphone app to provide PC security, real-time PC performance information, and simplified printer driver installation for HP PC users.
- Operating system
- FreeDos 2.0
- Processor family
- 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 processor
- Intel® Core™ i5-7500 with Intel® HD Graphics 630 (3.4 GHz base frequency, up to 3.8 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® H110
- Form factor
- Memory, standard
- 4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB)
(Transfer rates up to 2400 MT/s)
- Memory Slots
- 2 DIMM
- Internal drive bays
- One 3.5″ HDD
- External drive bays
- 1 SD reader (optional); One 3.5″ HDD; One 9.5 mm slim ODD
- Internal drive
- 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
- Additional storage
- HP 6-in-1 Media Card Reader (optional)
- Optical drive
- HP Optical Drive
Display and graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 630 11
1 microphone/headphone jack
2 USB 3.0
1 SD reader (optional)
One 5.25″ slim-height bay supporting an optical disk drive (optional)
1 power connector
2 USB 3.0
4 USB 2.0
1 security lock slot
1 audio in connector
1 audio out connector
1 padlock slot
2 PS/2 21,22,23,24
- Expansion slots
- 1 PCIe (x1)
- 1 PCIe (x16)
- 1 M.2
- 1 PCI 2.3
Power and operating requirements
- Power supply
- 180 W external AC power adapter
- Operating temperature range
- 0 to 40°C
- Operating humidity range
- 10 to 90% RH
Dimensions and weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 17 x 27.4 x 33.8 cm
(Dimensions are WxDxH with product in vertical orientation)
- 5.45 kg
(Configured with 1 HDD and 1 ODD. Exact weight depends on configuration)
- Security management
- Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows 7)
- Microsoft Defender (Windows 10)
- HP Recovery Manager
- HP Support Assistant
- HP Velocity
- HP Jumpstart
- HP ePrint + JetAdvantage
- 1-year (1-1-1) limited warranty and service offering includes 1 year of parts, labor and on-site repair. Terms and conditions vary by country. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.